Saturday 21 August 2010

Heng Soy's cordial reply to an irate "most likely" Thai reader of KI-Media


Preah Noreay perching on top Garuda (Angkor Wat era bronze)
Khmer are stupid and dumb, be a maid whore in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia to soup cooks. Earn few bucks every day and send it back to their children in the refugee camp to talk shoot on the Internet. My dogs wanna fudge Khmer.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your interesting remarks. I take it that you are probably a fervent Thai nationalist, are you not? Well, first of all, please know that if Khmer are stupid and dumb, we seem to be able to capture your faithful attention on a daily basis, the proofs to the effect are all your posted comments peppered throughout KI-Media. Nevertheless, every time I chance encounter your comments, it makes me feel like watching the movie “Dumb and Dumber” or its sequel “Dumb and Dumber…er” all over again, I wonder why? Do you know why?

Furthermore, there is nothing dishonorable about working as an honestly paid maid and soup cook, or even as a sex worker in Singapore, Thailand or Malaysia. Did you already forget that prostitution is practiced openly in Thailand, even though it is illegal? I am sure that you are fully aware that many of those sex workers in Thailand are Thai men and women as well. In addition, these workers, be they maid, soup cooks or sex workers, earn their keeps honestly with their hard labor, unlike their pimps and bosses – the majority of them in Thailand are Thai citizens – who are profiteering – read stealing - from the hard labor of these honest men and women.

As for sending money back to their children in the refugee camp, I was wondering where have you been all this time? Did you NOT know that these Cambodian refugee camps were closed since 1999, i.e. more than a decade ago? Do wake up because you are left far behind in time, even though I am dismayed to hear that you even know what the Internet is. Furthermore, if you were to look closely in western countries, you will notice that there are many Thai workers who are laboring in Europe, the US, Canada, etc... in order to be able to feed their family at home.

As for your dogs, please do send them over, if they can take the heat, that is. You see, I had been wanting to try this new PAD Thai recipe I read about, the recipe called for an oodle of soft noodle, lots of “kapik” and some meat in it. I was not certain as to what meat to add to it until you offered your dogs. I promise that I will not make a fudge out of them. I do thank you and anxiously wait for your shipment.

Yours sincerely,

Heng Soy, your neighbor to the east

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites